- This article will discuss about the best electric cars in India and their detailed specifications.
- Tata, Mahindra, and Hyundai are just a few of the high-quality brands that make some of the best electric cars in India.
- Electric Cars in general are expensive, but are more healthy for the environment.
- Though Electric Cars are expensive, the users will not have to spend on fuel, and this will save cost for them in the long run.
- Additionally, a comparison table for the best electric cars in India in the end assist you in determining the ideal electric cars for your specific needs.
Overview of the Best Electric Cars in India
While many people worldwide have already made the switch to electric automobiles, Indians are now beginning to recognize the potential and utility of the upcoming electric cars in india 2022. As a result, sales of electric cars increased by 20 % in the fiscal year 2019-20.
All-Electric Vehicles vs Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles
A battery replaces the gas tank, and an electric motor replaces the internal combustion engine in all-electric cars. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) have a battery, an electric motor, a fuel tank, and an internal combustion engine and combine gasoline and electric vehicles.
Benefits of Electric Cars for Users
The Electric automobiles are powered by the electricity you generate, so you'll never have to buy gas again. Unfortunately, fuel prices have reached all-time highs, so driving a fuel-based car can burn a hole in your budget.
Benefits of Electric Cars on the Environment
The fact that electric vehicles create no tailpipe (direct) emissions is the most important element that makes them an asset. Driving an electric car produces significantly fewer emissions than driving a gasoline or diesel vehicle. In addition, EVs emit far less pollution over their lifetime than vehicles powered by fossil fuels, regardless of the source of electricity.
Browse Dhani Finance and get interesting cashback on the best electric cars in India.
Get financing options for the top electric cars from Dhani Finance.Get it now
01Tata Nexon EV
- Battery: 30.2kWh
- Distance/Charge: 312 km/full charge
- Recharge Period: 0-80% charge in 60 minutes with the fast charger.
The Tata Nexon is one of the most amazing EV SUVs on the market, with a 3 Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor. Considered among the top electric cars in India, its Li-ion Polymer battery has a liquid cooling feature to keep temperatures low even if you come from a long drive, making this small electric car price in India appropriate. Compared to the Tesla electric car price in India, this car is one of the most suitable car for you. Here we will see the Tata electric car price in India and its features.
- It has a city range of 197km for two passengers and 179km for five passengers while carrying two and five passengers, making it one of the best electric cars available in India.
- Considering that home energy retails for approximately Rs 8 per unit, a full charge will cost you roughly Rs 240 in total, making it one of the top electric cars in India.
- Driving the Nexon EV is a completely delightful experience.
- The current home charging length of four hours should appear to be a more appealing possibility than the eight-hour charge time that is currently required.
“It is a very good car with a sunroof on it—the art of car generation in India. I like the space in the car to relax, and it makes no sound. It is a pleasure to have this car.”
Get cashbacks when you buy your Tata Nexon EV with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
02MG ZS EV
- Battery: 44.5kWh
- Distance/Charge: 340km/full charge
- Recharge Duration: Fast charging in 50 minutes and normal charge takes about 6-8 hours.
This British MG brand produces a luxury electric vehicle considered one of India's best electric cars. The MG electric car price in India makes it one of the most affordable cars. It is one of the top electric cars in India. The 448 liter space for trunks and the power-assisted electronic steering are some of the highlights of this SUV, making the MG electric car price in India appropriate. Considered as among the best electric cars in India, it can also generate a massive 353 Nm of torque, which is one of the best according to its price. Here we will see the MG electric car price in India and its features.
- It is one of the cheapest electric cars in India.
- A smooth driving experience, as well as a rather roomy interior when compared to other immediate competitors.
- The dash is attractive, there is a reasonable amount of equipment, and all controls are straightforward to operate, making it one of the most affordable electric cars available in India.
- This vehicle does not have an AEB
“MG ZS EV is a new electric car. It looks very stylish and premium. Moreover, it offers quite nice features like sunroof, connected car technology.”
Buy your MG ZS EV Now, Pay Later in 3 interest-free EMIs with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
03Tata Tigor EV
- Battery: 21.5kWh
- Distance/Charge: 142km/full charge
- Recharge Duration: Fast charging in 90 minutes and normal charging in six hours.
- The car’s price ranges between Rs. 11.99 to Rs. 13.14 lakhs.
This car is available in Egyptian Blue and Pearlescent White and is powered by a three-phase AC induction motor. It is one of the top 10 electric cars in India. The 310-liter cargo space is an additional feature that can be helpful while transporting luggage. It is one of the best electric cars in India in 2021. This car can attain speeds of 80 kilometers per hour under excellent driving conditions. Compared to the Tesla electric car price in India this car is one of the most suitable for you. Tata claims a 306km ARAI-certified range with a larger battery. It isn't enough for far-flung weekend getaways, but it's more than plenty for everyday city use, making this small electric car price in India appropriate. Keep in mind that if the battery level falls below 25%, system power is decreased to improve the range. Here we will see the Tata electric car price in India and features.
- A capable EV package is available at a competitive starting price.
- Low tailpipe emissions and a green image will appeal to those who are concerned about the environment, making it one of the most suitable electric cars available in India.
- A real-world range of around 200 km is sufficient for city commuters and urban inhabitants.
- Nexon EV is a superior product that is not that far away in terms of cost.
- With a range of only 200 kilometers, this is exclusively a city car. There are no long highway runs.
“Tata Tigor quality is the best compared to other companies. Made in Indian-built quality, the most popular car in the world. Performance was good.”
Get instant credit at no interest for your Tata Tigor EV , with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
04Hyundai Kona Electric
- Battery Capacity – 39.2kWh
- Distance/Charge: 452km/full charge
- Recharge Duration: 57-minute fast charging and normal charging in about six hours.
Thanks to the advanced Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM), it is one of the greatest electric vehicles in India. Along with their fantastic efficiency, these cars have a massive torque of 395 Nm, making this small electric car price in India appropriate. Under suitable conditions, the Kona Electric can create roughly 134bhp. The Kona EV has already been established to be a global success. It is one of the top 10 electric cars in India. It has marketed over 15,000 models worldwide since its launch in April 2018. In international markets, it is available with two battery options: 64kWh and 39.2kWh, making it one of the cheapest electric cars in India.
- If you were under the impression that electric vehicles (EVs) were intended to look strange, the Kona Electric would leave you disappointed since it is a rather stylish crossover, making it one of the best electric cars available in India.
- Compared to the Tesla electric car price in India this car is one of the most suitable for you.
- While the Kona Electric's front seats are comfortable, the rear seats are not the most spacious.
“Hyundai Kona is a gem of a car. It has all you can get out of a vehicle. Power, balance while driving, comfort, fuel economy, reasonable maintenance, what more you need.”
Make your Hyundai Kona Electric purchase with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
05 Mahindra e2oPlus
- Battery: 10.08kWh
- Distance/Charge: 99.9km/full charge
- Recharge Duration: 75 minutes with a fast charger and about six hours with a standard charger.
This car is distinguished by its compact body and a variety of color options. It is one of the best electric cars in India 2021. The e20Plus has huge dimensions, measuring 3590 mm in length and 2258 mm in wheelbase, offering plenty of space inside. It is one of the top 10 electric cars in India. In addition, the hatchback comes with an automatic transmission with a choice of boost or performance mode for power distribution, making it one of the cheapest electric cars in India.
- The ride is really quiet. You have the sensation of flying through the air.
- The frequency of servicing and maintenance is low.
- It's a relatively fuel-efficient vehicle with an ordinary appearance but excellent driving characteristics, and it falls into a mid-range budget.
- The vehicle is not outfitted with adequate safety features.
“It's a very convenient car for a small family. It's very comfortable as well. Great electrifying car.”
Get cashbacks when you buy your Mahindra e20 Plus with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
- Battery: 21.2kWh
- Distance/Charge: 140km/full charge
- Recharge Duration: Fast charging in about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
It is a sedan from Mahindra which is considered as the best electric car manufacturer in India. This car comes with a three-phase AC induction motor and has a large boot area (about 510 liters), making it ideal for moving large luggage and equipment. This small electric car’s price in India is affordable. This car is, however, only available in Diamond White. On the outside and inside, the eVerito does not appear to be cutting-edge. It is one of the top 10 electric cars in India. Compared to the Tesla electric car price in India this car is one of the most suitable for you. It is one of the best upcoming electric cars in india 2022.
- This car is very cost-efficient.
- Additionally, the Verito has low maintenance costs.
- It is important to remember that the Verito is a budget car with certain limitations.
“This is an ideal vehicle for city rides. The car has no pollution and is fuel-efficient.”
Buy your Mahindra e-verito, Pay Later in 3 interest-free EMIs with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
07Tata Tiago EV
- Battery: 30kW
- Distance/Charge: 130km/full charge
- Launch Date: August 2020
- The car is priced between: 5-7 lakhs
The Tata Motors is anticipated to produce an electric version of the Tiago after conquering the fuel segment with the automobile. The Tata electric car price in India makes it one of the most affordable cars. This car would be ideal for your daily commute, with 200 Nm of torque and 135bhp of power. It is one of the top 10 electric cars in India. It is one of the best upcoming electric cars in india 2022. The motor of the Tigor EV produces 30kW, or 40.7 horsepower. Here we will see the Tata electric car price in India and features.
- Tiago's facelift is far more visually appealing.
- While in motion, the upgraded engine is completely silent and provides a generous amount of power straight from the start.
- When traveling at moderate speeds, the steering is light and easy to control, making them one of the best electric car manufacturers in India.
- When the Tiago is idle, there are vibrations.
- The materials used in the cabin of this car were supposed to be slightly better than they were before, even though it is a budget vehicle.
“Tata is a safe car. The car’s performance is good, and it has a nice look, and its service cost is cheap. It has good mileage.”
Get instant credit at no interest for your Tata Tiago EV, with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
- Battery: 15.9kWh
- Distance/Charge: 147km/full charge
- Launch Date: June 2020
The Mahindra now sells an electric car and an electric hatchback. Only enough room remains for an electric SUV. It is one of the top 10 electric cars in India. The suspension and steering have had to be reworked to cope with the increased weight (about 60kg more than the diesel) and the placement of the lithium-ion battery pack in a T-shaped tray under the floor. The result is steering that now has a reassuring weight while still a little lifeless and slow. It is one of the best electric cars in India 2021. The suspension is also a touch more compliant than the basic car, resulting in less body movement. It is one the best
- No part of the battery or electric components was allowed to eat into the cabin in any way, emerging in a completely flat floor at the rear of the vehicle.
- With this all-electric variant, it appears that the KUV100 may have finally achieved the status of the car it was always supposed to be.
- They are one of the best electric car manufacturers in India.
- Steering at a slow pace
“It meets all requirements of a KUV within the budget of a commoner. Thanks for competing for technology and moving ahead in the race of electric cars for next-generation”
Make your Mahindra e-KUV100 purchase with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
- Battery: 50 kWh and 75 kWh
- Distance/Charge: 400km/full charge
- Recharge Duration: Between 8 hours and 16 hours.
- Launch Date: February 2021
Shortly, the 2018 Nissan Leaf will receive a facelift. This next vehicle will reportedly produce 148bhp of power and 320 Nm of peak torque thanks to a larger battery capacity. It is one of the top electric cars in India. This year, Nissan has made the CHAdeMO quick-charging port standard across the Leaf family and the ProPilot, Assist semi-autonomous driving mode, which is only available on the SV Plus model. It is one the best upcoming electric cars in India 2021.
- Nissan's ProPilot is one of the best in the business, combining several technologies into a coherent, intelligent tool for highway driving, making them one of the best electric car manufacturers in India.
- The cost of electric cars in India makes this one of the most affordable.
- It takes 45 minutes to charge the Leaf Plus' 62-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack, which can be set from zero to 80 % using a 100-kilowatt direct current fast charger.
“If you're thinking of an electric vehicle, this is the one!”
Get cashbacks when you buy your Nissan Leaf with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
10 Mahindra XUV300 EV
- Transmission: Automatic
- Fast Charging: NA
The Mahindra XUV300 electric variant, unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo, is similar to the base XUV vehicle. Mahindra is one of the best electric car manufacturers in India. Its main competitor is the Tata Nexon EV, so we hope for a comparable price for this much-anticipated SUV. It is one of the top electric cars in India. It will be the first product featuring LG Chem battery cells designed specifically for Indian applications, making them one of the best electric car manufacturers in India. LG Chem has been collaborating with Mahindra in the field of superior lithium-ion battery technology. It is one the best upcoming electric cars in india 2022
- It has a beautiful appearance.
- NCAP has awarded it a five-star rating.
- It has a lengthy list of equipment.
- The cost of electric cars in India makes this one of the most affordable.
- It requires an upgrade.
- It is Jerky
“It has a powerful and excellent torque engine in this segment and unbelievable performance. It has comfortable seating, excellent mileage. Finally, we invest in this car.”
Buy your Mahindra XUV300 EV Now, Pay Later in 3 interest-free EMIs with Dhani OneFreedomGet it now
Comparison Table For Specs Of The Best Electric Cars in India
Here you get the comparison of the cost of electric cars in India.
|Tata Nexon EV||Tata||Rs. 13.99 lakh onwards|
|MG ZS EV||MG||Rs. 20.88 lakh onwards|
|Tata Tigor EV||Tata||Rs. 9.55 lakh onwards|
|Hyundai Kona Electric||Hyundai||Rs. 23.80 lakh onwards|
|Mahindra e2oPlus||Mahindra||Rs. 7.60 lakh onwards|
|Mahindra e-Verito||Mahindra||Rs. 10.10 lakh onwards|
|Tata Tiago EV||Tata||Rs. 5 lakh onwards|
|Mahindra e-KUV100||Mahindra||Rs. 8.25 lakh onwards|
|Nissan Leaf||Nissan||Rs. 35 lakh onwards|
|Mahindra XUV300 EV||Mahindra||Rs. 17.99 lakh onwards|
Avail a free cashback card from Dhani One Freedom and purchase your favorite best electric cars in India.
If you are looking for the best electric cars in India, Dhani Finance has got you covered.Get it now